Runecast Analyzer is one of the best tool to look after your VMware environment and it provides the best recommendations and proactive measures to over come any upcoming issues in your VMware virtual environment. Recently, Runecast released the Runecast Analyzer 2.0 and again here it comes with HIPPA compliance reporting in their Runecast Analyzer 2.1 release.
Analyzing the virtual environment against the VMware best practices and the knowledge Base is not that easy task, when it comes to HIPPA security check it might be more challenging. But, not to worry! now you can easily achieve this with few clicks in Runecast Analyzer 2.1 and you can easily generate Overall system health report and a HIPPA Compliance report without wasting your valuable time.
What You Can Expect In Runecast Analyzer 2.1 Health Reporting?
- Summary of the existing VMware configuration issues and their trends
- VMware security compliance status
- Historical data on issue discovery and fixes (ideal to pair with your configuration management report or IT helpdesk report to track what impacted the environment)
- VMware best practices implementation and trend history
- TOP ESXi hosts with the most issues
- Visual representation of the issues as “VMware layers”
- Summary of prevalent issues in logs and their historical trend
- Specific summary status for each of your connected vCenters
- Detailed list of TOP 50 issues in your VMware environment, including the amounts of affected objects and related VMware products
Generate report option is available in the main dashboard upper right corner
Here is a sample report to see the overall health of your environment. Please note that the details in this report is altered
Runecast Analyzer 2.1 HIPPA Reporting
“Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act” aka “HIPPA” of 1996 required the Secretary of the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to develop regulations protecting the privacy and security of certain health information. To fulfill this requirement, HHS published what are commonly known as the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the HIPAA Security Rule. As VMware admins, achieving this stringent security standard might be a difficult task. Runecast Analyzer 2.1 is a great approach for check compliance against the HIPPA standards.
By default, this HIPPA Security Compliance might not be enabled and you need to go to the settings and enable the HIPPA profile
With this HIPPA Profile VMware admins can do below tasks:
- Scan and detect HIPAA privacy and security violations
- Get a detailed explanation of each particular check and how to fix filed ones
- Provide historical information of HIPAA profile fulfillment for auditors and security teams
- Generate and export the report
Once you enabled the HIPPA profile perform the analysis again
HIPPA Option will be displayed under “Security Hardening” and you can see the recommendations and the results
You can export the report from the “Export” option which can be seen on the right hand side upper corner
Sample report is here for your reference.
Update your Runecast Analyzer 2.1 To Get The Latest Security Updates And Recommendations
You can check the updates availability in the update tab under settings
To update Analyzer Appliance login to the console, provide the username and password mentioned in the user guide
Select “Updates“, hit enter and select “[ Check for update and Install ]”
Runecast Analyzer allows you to check your environment against the VMware best practices, identified issues, PCI-DSS and now HIPPA compliance. This greatest tool is necessary component to your VMware virtualized environment to obtain a highly available, security compliance along with a less number of PSOD situations with your ESXis. Download the free trail of the product and try out in your Virtualized environment.
- Runecast as a Sponsor
- Runecast Analyzer v2.1 with HIPAA security and simplified reporting
- Runecast Response to L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF) in VMware vSphere Environments
If you found this post as useful please rate the post and share it!