Hope you may already know that Vembu is one of the leading software provider in Software and Cloud service industry with providing greater solutions for the disaster recovery and backup solutions.
In this post I’d like to bring up the major improvements and enhancements in their next release which is version 4.
It is obvious that, I don’t need to explain how success in their path to providing solutions and securing their customer’s workloads in terms of disaster recovery and providing back up solutions to secure and overcome their business in an unexpected situations.
What Are The New Features In Vembu BDR Suite V4
- Hyper-V cluster backup: Vembu support backing up the VMs in the cluster and even if VMs configured for backup are moved from one host to another, the incremental backup will continue to happen without any interruption.
- Shared VHDx backup: Vembu supports backup of the shared VHDx of Hyper-V.
- CheckSum based incrementals: Vembu uses CBT for incremental backups. And for some CBT failure cases, we will be using CheckSum for the incremental to happen without any interruption.
- Credential Manager: No need to enter credentials every time, Vembu Credential manager allows you to manage the credentials of the host and the VMs running in it.
Vembu didn’t stop providing new features to the Vembu BDR Suite Version 4 and they have enhanced their previous features to provide a smooth operation to the service.
What Are The Enhancements Made In Vembu BDR V4
- where it was left off for Vembu ImageBackup: In Vembu ImagBackup, if the backup job gets interrupted due to network failure, it will resume from where it was left off.
- Improved proxy functionality: All backup related requests are triggered by the BDR backup server, the proxy agent will only process the request sent by the BDR Server.
- Virtual hardware selection: You can now configure the specification of the Virtual Hardware during the live recovery like the socket and core counts, memory, hard disk provision type, and network adapter.
- Improved Hyper-V live recovery: During the recovery of the backed-up Hyper-V, a separate agent is pushed to the target machine for performing the full VM recovery.
- Improved Application aware for Hyper-V Backups: For all Hyper-V VMs, you can individually select the VM to which you want to enable Application Aware processing.
- Abort Offsite Replication: You can now abort the replication job from the Vembu Offsite DR server.
- ODR Activation: You can now activate or deactivate a particular BDR server connected to an Offsite DR server.
- Quick VM Recovery report: You will get a report for Quick VM recovery process with details like VM Name, Recovery point, Start and End time, target hypervisor and the status of the recovery.
- API’s to fetch storage details: The new set of APIs is designed to give a detailed report on storage utilization like the size of the VM, storage space utilized by a backup job, compression rate etc.
- VM disk inclusion: Previously, after the initial full backup, the newly added disk of the VM is backed up only on the next additional full backup. From v4.0, the newly added disk will be backed up along with the successive incremental.
If you found this post as useful please rate the post and share it!