VMware has launched the VMware on AWS at the VMworld 2017 and it leverages the VMware’s powerful software capabilities along with the AWS’s elastic bare metal infrastructure as a Cloud service. VMware has launched a new pricing packages as a on-demand, 1 year and 3 year reservation subscriptions.
Basically two pricing options are available:
- Pay for physical hosts per hour
- No upfront cost
- Hosts can be scale up and down and you have to pay for the up time hours
- Longer term reservations for 1 year and 3 year commitments
- 50% cost savings compared to the On-demand package for the same time period
- Pay upfront for the reservation
What features are covered in these Pricing packages?
VMware SDDC vSphere software packages (vSphere, VSAN, NSX), AWS infrastructure and associated support costs.
What features are not covered in these Pricing packages?
Data transfer and elastic IP address charges are not included
Data Transfer charges:
- Data transfer IN to VMware Cloud on AWS from internet: $0.00/GB
- Data transfer IN to VMware Cloud on AWS from another region: $0.00/GB
- Data transfer IN/OUT/BETWEEN same Availability Zone: $0.00/GB
- Data transfer IN/OUT/BETWEEN different Availability Zones using elastic IP or ELB: $0.01/GB
- Data transfer OUT from VMware Cloud on AWS to internet: $0.05/GB Data transfer OUT from VMware Cloud on AWS US West (Oregon) to another region: $0.02/GB
IP address charges:
- Elastic IP address associated with a running instance: $0.005/IP/hour
- Elastic IP address not associated with a running instance: $0.005/IP/hour
- Elastic IP address remap: $0.1/IP/hour
Note: You can redeem your HPP or SPP credits for these subscriptions
What is Hybrid Loyalty Program?
VMware offers up to 25% discount for your active licences for number of eligible SDDC products. These discounts calculated automatically and there is no requirement of convert or trade in your licences. This is only applicable for reservation subscriptions not for the On-demand subscriptions. On-prem 2 CPU licences provides discounts for 2CPUs on VMware on AWS.
Eligible On-prem products and discounts