Setting up the Virtual Networks and Up links
Once you get the “Virtual Network Editor” Window click on “Change Settings” button and it will pop up an Administration privileges to run the Application and allow it to run as an Administrator.
Setting up the Storage and Hard Disks
To tag your Non-SSD disks as SSD disks. You can follow my post and I will give you the steps in brief here.
SSH in to your Nested ESXi server and follow the below steps
- Type “esxcli storage core device list” , check the SSD status (Is SSD:false)
- Type “esxcli storage nmp device list” , get the device ID and storage array type
- Type “esxcli storage nmp satp rule add -s <your storage array type> –device <device id> –option=enable_ssd”
- Type “esxcli storage core claiming unclaim –type device –device <device id>
- Type “esxcli storage core claimrule load”
- Type “esxcli storage core claim rule run”
Check the “esxcli storage core device list” out put and check the disk status and It will show the SSD status as “Is SSD:true” also you can see the disk as SSD in your vSphere Client.
That’s all now you can play with your own VMware lab.