What you can do with this Embedded host?
- VM operations (Power on, off, reset, suspend, etc).
- Creating a new VM, from scratch or from OVF/OVA (limited OVA support)
- Configuring NTP on a host
- Displaying summaries, events, tasks and notifications/alerts
- Providing a console to VMs
- Configuring host networking
- Configuring host advanced settings
- Configuring host services
Now ssh in to the ESXi server and browse the file in the folder
Install the VIBs issuing the below command
“esxcli software vib install -v /vmfs/volimes/datastore1/VIBs/esxiui-signed-3843236.vib”
This command can be changed according to your datastore name and the folder, in my case my datastore name is “datastore1” and folder is “VIBs”. If you correctly executed the command, you can see the below output.
Note : You need to specify the full path to the VIB file otherwise you will end up with the below error message. For more information refer this VMware KB Article.
Now we are ready to access the HTML 5 Embedded host client. Type https://< esxi host ip address >/ui to access the ESXi embedded web client
Type your “root” username and password to login to the Embedded web console
You can play with the Web client now….
Make sure to send your feedback to the Fling team for further improvements….
Thank you for viewing my post.